Effective March 1, 2023
This information is provided with reference to the website www.metalstyle.com, on which METALSTYLE S.R.L. (“METALSTYLE”) operates, under the distinctive signs of “METALSTYLE”, as a provider of the registration and sales service and as manager of the Site and owner of the Personal Data of Users collected through it.
What are cookies and application of the legislation
Cookies are small text files that the sites visited by the user send to his terminal (computer or mobile device) where they are stored before being re-transmitted to the same sites at the next visit. Precisely thanks to cookies, a site remembers the user’s actions and preferences so that they do not have to be indicated again when the user returns to visit that site or navigates between its pages. Cookies, therefore, are used to perform computer authentication, session monitoring and storage of information regarding the activities of users who access a site and can also contain a unique identification code that allows you to keep track of user navigation within of the site itself for statistical or advertising purposes.
Cookies are distinguished from each other:
- according to the subject who installs them on the user’s terminal, depending on whether it is the same manager of the site that the user is visiting (so-called “first-party cookies”) or a different site, which installs the cookies for through the first site (so-called “third-party cookies”). In the latter case, we remind you that third parties have their own personal data processing policies and privacy information, which can be consulted directly from their respective sites; therefore, the user must refer directly to these;
- based on the purpose of each cookie, the “technical cookies” are active as better described below;
- other cookies allow the site that installed them to monitor user navigation also for the purpose of sending advertising and/or offering services in line with the preferences expressed by the user while surfing the net (so-called “profiling cookies”). Only profiling cookies require the user’s prior consent for their use.
- cookies for processing statistics when used directly by the site manager to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site itself;
- navigation or session cookies (to authenticate);
- functionality cookies, which allow the user to navigate according to a series of selected criteria (for example, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service rendered to the same.
For content customization cookies, i.e. those aimed at creating user profiles and used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user while surfing the net, the user’s prior consent is required.
Types of cookies used by the METALSTYLE.COM site
The metalstyle.com site (hereinafter also the “Site“) uses technical cookies that are strictly necessary for its functioning and cannot be deselected (“Strictly necessary cookies“). The cookies listed below can instead be selected or deselected directly from the banner proposed on first access to the site by clicking on “Show purposes” or, subsequently and whenever desired, from the “Cookie and privacy preferences”, present at the bottom of the page. each page of the site.
- Performance cookies: they allow you to count visits and traffic sources so you can measure and improve the performance of the site. They help you know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site These cookies are active by default but can be deactivated at any time through the “Cookie and privacy preferences”. These cookies do not collect information on the identity of the user, nor any personal data. The information is treated in aggregate and anonymous form. If the user does not allow these cookies, the use of the site will not be affected.
- Functionality cookies: they are used to activate specific features of the Site and a series of selected criteria (for example, the language) in order to improve the service rendered to the user. These cookies are active by default but can be deactivated at any time through the “Cookie and privacy preferences”. If functionality cookies are deactivated, the Site may not be able to be consulted or some services or certain functions of the Site may be unavailable or not work properly. The user may also be forced to modify or manually enter some information or preferences each time he visits the Site.
The user can block or delete (in whole or in part) the strictly necessary cookies through the specific functions of his browser. However, not authorizing the aforementioned cookies could make it impossible to use the Site, view its contents and use the related services.
The choices made with reference to the Site’s cookies will in turn be recorded in a specific cookie. This cookie could, however, in some circumstances not work properly: in such cases, the user can delete unwanted cookies and inhibit their use also through the functions of his Browser.
The user’s preferences in relation to cookies will be set on each device or browser used to access the site.
The user can also change the preferences regarding cookies, through “Cookie and privacy preferences”, present at the bottom of each page of the Site.
How to view and modify cookies through the Browser
The data controller is:
METALSTYLE S.R.L., via Statale San Pietro 23/B – 16042 Carasco (GE)
PEC address: “metalstylesrl @ legalmail.it”